Talking About Mint Juleps at Disneyland


Ahh, the Mint Julep Bar - the not-so-best-kept-secret at Disneyland.  Some lemon, some lime, a little bit of mint, topped with a cherry garnish...there is nothing like this hidden gem found in New Orleans Square at Disneyland.


I have loved this refreshing treat since I was little and never pass up a chance to have one when I'm in the parks.  Like others, I have a bit of a ritual when I sip this unique beverage - I like to sit and people watch late in the afternoon when the sun has gone down and the weather is cooling off.  No food, just a pure and simple mint julep.  (I hear they go well with Mickey Mouse beignets!)

Interestingly enough, the Disney version of the Mint Julep is nothing like the alcoholic version.  It's more like a spiked lemonade or mojito (another one of my favorite beverages!)  But that doesn't matter to fans of this citrusy, sparkly, minty goodness.

You can recreate this tasty concoction fairly easily at home.  That's right!

I've done it exactly once.

It turned out fine but, for me, the magic of this drink is in the total experience - jazz music playing softly and a cool breeze blowing as I sip and bliss out.

I know Disney published the recipe years ago but I can't find the original source, so I'd rather not share the recipe without permission.  However, you can find the recipe by searching online or by visiting the Disney Food Blog.